'Wir Kinder' = 'We Children'
WHO WE ARE, OUR MANIFESTO:
1. Wir Kinder is a magazine of mediocre art and writing.
2. We aim to produce digestible, compelling and relatable content for our readers.
3. We publish unique and eclectic trash, deliberately unskilled works of art, and bad (sometimes good) poetry.
4. We're interested in the crossover between literature and media, high art and low art. And everything in between that's often considered gross and ugly, childish and immature, sulky and sad.
5. Wir Kinder encourages artistic creation that extends beyond conventional ideas of what is ‘beautiful’ to the eye. Play with form and composition. Capture what you find intriguing— what makes your heart pulse. Create on your own terms and execute it with ultimate confidence.
6. Wir Kinder is an Empire. Wir Kinder is a cult. Wir Kinder will take over the world.
WIR KINDER LOVES:
(follow the links)!
Christiane F 'Wir Kinder vom Bahnhoff Zoo', KATTHEM, ShitKid, LOKOMOTIV, Matriarkatet, Harley Weir, Alexandra Marzella, Björk, Agar Agar, The Sugarcubes, Bad Taste Ltd., Biophilia, Florence and the Machine, Sofia Coppola, Françoise Sagan, Patti Smith, Just Kids, Susan Sontag, I, etc., Notes On Camp, Of Woman Born, Silvana Imam, Humana Second Hand, Le Muhr, Marfa Journal, peanut butter, Jean-Michel Basquiat, grey skies, snow, sleeping pills, Folkets Park in Malmö, IKEA, Kardemummabullar, coffee.
WIR KINDER IN THE NEWS:
Sarcashym x Wir Kinder Interview - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhNdwIZeQ4g
Wir Kinder features in the fourth and final episode of Sarcashym's documentary series, We Are The Future. The series explores the lives of young creatives from all over the world, and discusses issues around mental health, gender, and creativity within a digital age.